Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Hotel strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of The Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements include:
- Adoption of a child in Uganda through Plan International, including monthly donation to the child's community
- Dedicated Responsible Business coordinator to oversee all activities daily
- Increased awareness among guests to re-use towels, conserving energy and water
- Involvement with the local community, including visits to the local orphanage during the Christmas season
- Optimisation of the hotel's energy consuming equipment
- Responsible Business training for all staff
- Use of energy-efficient light bulbs
- Waste sorting system for glass, cardboard, hazardous materials and organic waste
- Work with the hotel's suppliers to reduce their amount of waste and to re-use delivery materials